spacer
main

Stemcell for my baby.

Two week ago, I finally decided to sign up with the third company after meeting up their customer consultant and visiting their lab.

I met all the sales rep from all three stemcell companies. Actually before I called up the third company, I was hesitant if I should make that third call. But I did.

The reason I signed up with the third company because I like the way they present themselves and I believe I can trust my baby's stemcell with them though they'are quite new.

The moment I've decided to store baby's stemcell, since I missed it during my lasy pregnancy, my main concern is to look for a company which I can trust. I won't know if the the thrid company will truly be the one. Only time will tell. Somehow, I like how their customer consultant presented herself and the way she answered my questions. I don't know it's just an instinct.

Unlike the other sales rep from the other company. She kept emphasing that the fact this third company is new and offering their customers a lots of goodies to get sales. And when I told her my decision via sms, she asked me the same question, if I were attracted by the discount offer. I'm not. But I was too lazy to reply her sms, coz I don't think she would understand. Oh well, I guess she should do more research on the other companies' package before making assumptions and never underestimate your competitors.

Well, this thrid company did offer me some discount on their package, but it didn't make much of a difference.

Let's see... I chose to pay up RM5,500 diamond package. Why? Because it includes the RM2,500 collection and processing fee and 21 years storage fee(RM250 p.a). They do cord blood as well as maternal blood test before storing the stemcell, to make sure that the stemcell is not contaminated. However, if you want the 2 QC samples for viability test (for the 5th and the 10th year), you have to pay extra RM500. I bought that too. Then the insurance coverage for this package is better too. And it's dual location storage. So total is RM6000. While the other two companies, is offering similar package at RM5000. Is it cheaper? Though the thrid company did give me a discount of RM500, since I signed up before end of last month. I thouhgt I was going to give birth on the 28th last month. But I didn't.

You do the math. Is it cheaper or more expensive. Well, I'll say it didn't make much a difference. Like I said, my concern isn't the discount. I just want someone I can trust to store my baby stemcell for me.

Besides, only after I signed up, the customer consultant only told me that they are giving me a maternal bag and some vouchers as free gifts. She didn't use the free gifts to get me to sign up.

I have to say that even though this thrid company is a new company, their customer service is good. The next afternoon after I met with the customer consultant, her manager called me up personally. She asked me if anyone from her company has come to see me to follow up my case. When I said someone did. She was very happy.

I'm seriously not sure if I've chosen, thoough I felt that I had. Only time will tell.

Preggie mommies, if you're thinking of signing up for stemcell storing services for your newborn, make sure you meet up with all the companies' sales rep and visit their lab if possible, before making any decisions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker