spacer
main

Baby Lucas's here.

This afternoon finally visited my close friend, who just given birth to her first baby, baby Lucas on the very morning of 31 Oct It was a 21 hours long painful labour. Again congratulations to her adn her hubby. Great job.

I've to visit her before I, myself going into labour and confinement, which is soon.

Was very happy to hear that she was pregnant too, when I announced my pregnancy to her when I was about 9 week preggie. She was 10 week then. We've always been very close friends since secondary school. She was my "toilet buddies" in school...haha...

We were so close, at one point, we could communicate without talking, and we knew what each other was thinking. Oh, we used to get toothache together. Of course on and off we had argument.

She was the first one, other than my hubby and my family, to be there for me when my mom was in critical condition.

What a long and painful labour...
She had a painful delivery as her epidural jab turned out to be a failure. It numbed one side of her body and not the other side. Gosh! And the anesthetist apologized to her and the hospital waived her anesthetic charges.

But I guess it's worth because in end she and the baby were safe.

Baby Lucas was born a bit smaller, only 2.6kg, than expected but healthy and adorable.

Actually I took some pictures and video of the mother and her baby, somehow the stupid phone gave problem again, of all times. The pictures and video just disappeared like that, probably abducted by the alien again. CIS!

Anyway, I've learnt some confinement cooking tips from her MIL, who is very well-verse in healthy eating. Let me try them out first, then I'll post them here later. Another who is planning to conceive again, has promised to bring her notebook along for the recipes, when she visit Lucas's mooomy some time this week or next. LOL.

Well, 'm better off to research some more on healthy diet during confinement for moommies, before baby's arrival. He's kicking inside already ;0 Ouch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm stumped. Who just gave birth?

dolphine said...

Vien,
Pek Yee.
Btw, Peck Ling is due in Jan too. I think Shin too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, didn't know so many of us are preg this time.

dolphine said...

Vien,
One more, Pei Sze too. But not sure when is the due date.

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker