spacer
main

Red bean soup can help reducing water retention

I have been having water retention on my feet a month or two ago.

At first, it only happen at night after a long day of working. And in the morning after a good night of rest, it would disappear. However, for the last few days, I noticed my feet, from ankles downwards, have swollen, even after some lying down.


And I remember a friend told me that red bean soup can help in reducing water retention. It also recommended by some of the mommies in some forums.

In fact, last week I tried for two days, I did noticed the difference. But these few days I just got lazy, as I couldn't bear standing long while preparing it. It made my feet ache and my back. So I stopped taking. And see, this is how they look since this morning.

Guess tomorrow I'll have make some red bean soup.

Besides, I also found that reducing salt intake can help in minimizing water retention problem as sodium will retain excessive water in our body. That's why some people recommended not to add salt or MSG in our confinement food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wat lau! Your feet are really swollen!

dolphine said...

Vien,
Yeah! This morning got a little better since last night I had a bit of red bean which I added in my papaya soup. But afternoon they were to the ballooned size.

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker