spacer
main

Counting down to the day, an update on baby and me

Like I said earlier, it could be 13, 18 or even 19 this month. I'm not sure which is the actual EDD anymore. But never mind, as long as the baby comes. I don't want to think too much about it. Too much anticipation makes me sick of guessing. Like a Cantonese saying, 煮到嚟,就食!(Go with the flow.)

Last gynae visit
Everything is fine, baby is roughly weighed about 3kg now, 20% variation, plus or minus. Should it be bigger, I'm not sure it can come naturally. He's healthy, I'm glad.

The gynae said anytime due... very subjective estimation. Hopefully not this weekend, the gynae is away. Gosh! And the best part most of the doctors in that hospital are on leave. DOH! I hate giving birth in the weekend, especially a long festive weekend. The last time, I had Natalie, inexperienced, the lactation consultant was away. DOH! Charges were higher too. Lucky my gynae was around. But not this time. Pray, pray, pray.

During the visit,we talked about my birth possibility. Again she told it will depend on my condition. Sigh... The highlight of the visit... *drum rolling*, she said that most likely NO epidural if natural birth. O.O;; Because they worry should the scar gives way, I can feel it. If they use epidural, lower body numbed, and if the scar give way, it will be life-threatening. Well, I've checked online, if possible NO medication is recommended. Though the chance of uterine rupture is very very slim - 1%, or one in 10,000. What if I'm that ONE. It freaked me out.

That whole day, Wednesday, I was feeling so down and blue. And I had a big woo woo cry and I slept through the day after I came back from the clinic.

Don't worry I'm fine now. I can eat well, like a sow. Sleeping well except some minor aching here and there. And I'm not thinking about it anymore, strangely. It's out of my mind. Just going with the flow and praying hard. Yes I'm.

My gynae asked to go for a CT scan on Monday if the baby still not coming. I seriously don't know the outcome. Induce(I thought no induction) or wait some more? I don't know. But seriously I hope not another C-sec, if I have a choice.

The "Anytime" signs...
1. Some saw my ballooned up feet and said, "...you're can be due anytime..."
2. Since Wednesday, I'd been feeling more period cramps on my lower back and lower abdomen.
3. More Braxton Hicks, especially whenever try to get up from sleeping position.
4. Feeling the weight on my hips.
5. Very frequent toilet visits, and my bladder simply can't wait.
6. My tummy feels very tight and the surface looks very shiny, I wonder, can it grow and stretch anymore bigger.
7. Hormone changing, skin looks dry, the urge of washing my hair more often as it gets very itchy the next day. Oh, my pregnancy rhinitis seems to have gotten better, less runny nose.

Don't want to think too much
The reason I don't know to think too much because I don't want to stress baby, which will cause fetal distress. Let him decide when he's ready to come. No point thinking over and over when it's not happening... In a way I'm fed up.

Meanwhile I just want to do things I normally do, blog, sleep, eat, laugh, play with Natalie and I seriously feel like going to watch a movie... hee hee... Have anyone watch StarDust? And I can't wait for Golden Compass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker