spacer
main

My 17 months old little chili padi

Yeah, my little chili padi just turned 17 months 3 days ago.

She's supposed to get her second and last shot of pneumococcal vaccination. I’ve yet to arrange it.

Don't think she put on any weight later, maybe taller, as most of her dresses are getting shorter.

1oct01

Speech-wise, she's been constantly calling Gor Gor, Jie Jie, Girl Girl, Ma Ma, Ahhh Umm.

One evening when I came home from work, she called me Jie Jie, after calling hubby Daddy.*slap head*

She also love to do that long "Ooooo...", with a surprise look on her face, eyes widened, lips in a little "o shape", pointing her little index finger at something and normally with her knees slightly bent.

The other day, she was playing with a spoon-like toy, and she fed my hubby and I each once with it and said,"Ahhh Umm". It showed she actually knew how to feed herself, but we have yet to let her try.

And I noticed that Natalie loves to play "masak-masak". We haven't bought her any, as her aunt, my SIL, has already bought her a set and she's coming back to KL in Oct. So we decided not to buy her any, instead we got her more books.

Books
I've been reading Natalie short stories every night. And nowadays whenever she got onto our bed, she will hand me one of her favourite books, "Tiny Ted's big adventure" to read to her.

And every time we reach her favourite parts, she respond happily. Especially, that part where Tiny Ted tried to get down from the tree top by whirligig, she would say a long "wheeeeee...." after me.

She also loves the part where I imitate the frog croak, "we burp", she would "wep", then giggled.

1oct03

Fruits Lover
This afternoon, she brought me her "Little Book of Ten" and asked me to read. When I flipped to the page where there were 10 strawberries, her eyes beamed.
Me: Ten strawberries. Strawberries, do you like strawberries?
Natalie: I like. *She nodded happily.*

Shortly after that, I tested her again. She nodded again without the "I like" though.

Other than strawberry, she also loves banana, orange, kiwi and so on.

1oct02

Little grooving tigress and her favourite TV commercials
She is learning fast overall, though she still refuses to speak properly, other than just baby talks and gibberish. She imitates sounds from her favourite TV commercials.

Lately, whenever she sees the Julie's Tiger Biscuit commercial or other similar ads with children on TV, she would let a low but loud roar, just like a little tigress. And I have to say she loves to see children on TV, she would giggle.

Or she would keep on saying “Yak!” when she sees that new Yakult ads.

Also, when she sees that latest Celcom's "Who Says" ad, she would groove along. She just loves to dance.

Last Saturday, Natalie and I spent our afternoon were dancing in our room while I was watching one of my uni time favourite movies, Hackers, which has lots the techno tracks. We had some great time together.

Mommy, where're you?
When Natalie's around, I could hardly do anything, other than sitting next to her.

So every time after I get her to bed, I will sneak out to my workstation, so I can do my work.
1oct04

However, Natalie is a light sleeper, like me and has the habit to get up and check on my whereabout. Yes, even in middle of the night, she would look around our king-sized bed sleepily to see if I’m sleeping next to her, and then she would roll over, and slip her little sleepy head next to mine, just to be close to me.

Last Sunday morning, she was making a big fuss when she got up and didn’t see me around. I was working in this room while she was sleeping in the other room. She cried some time and held me really tight after I picked her up. In the end, I had to switch room with hubby and rock her to sleep, before I could get back to my work again.

I’m kinda worry how’s she going to get through it when I’m in confinement. I certainly hope that I can still co-sleep her during that period, but I’m afraid that I won’t be able to handle it, though I’m getting a confinement lady.

Let’s just hope things will fall into places when the time comes.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sure she will be alright when you are in confinement. When is the due date? Good luck!

dolphine said...

Sue,
I hope so. My due date is 13 Nov. Thanks.

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker