spacer
main

A sleepless night...

I simply cannot sleep tonight, not because I want to stay up, because I 'm upset...

I'm feeling sad because Natalie chose the maid over me.

Last night, she was making fuss and I offered to carry her, but she went to the maid. I was really disappointed. I waited for her come to me, but she was happily clinging to the maid. How can one not be upset?

Hubby kept telling me that she is still young...

But kids aren't stupid. Felt like I'm losing her for that moment. So I came upstair to breastfeed max. After about half an hour, I went downstair again, she was still clinging to the maid.

I told MIL not to let the maid carry Natalie that often, and I got this: "Natalie was making fuss mah..."

Natalie made fuss and must be carried around the house by the maid just because I'm not free and MIL is not willing to carry?

It was heartbreaking for a mother already feeling guilty for not having to spend enough time to her daughter. And now the daughter ran clinging on some stranger instead of the mother. And the MIL did nothing to stop that but encourage.

What am I to say? *Sigh*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww..don't be upset over it. It is probably a phase. It is quite a big change for her too. No matter what, you will always be her Mommy and she will come to you for comfort. Just give her time. I read that we should spend 1-on-1 time with each child everyday. It will be a special time for each child and s/he will know Daddy/Mommy will always be there for her/him.

Sue said...

Don't be sad ..kids are like that.. My mom used to babysit a lot of children, some of them their parents never come like maybe a month twice..'coz they work in Singapore. The child still wants and follows the parents when they take them home. So, cheer up... it's a phase..

Anonymous said...

i would feel the same too,if i were in your shoe. But dont get too upset yah... that also mean your maid very sayang your Natalie, doesn't she? No matter how, Happy New Year to you and family, 笑一笑 :-) - warmest regards from Kinoko Land

dolphine said...

Vien,
Well, I try to spend as much 1 2 1 time with her as possible these days as I have extended my leaves till after CNY, though I may go back to work sooner than that.

She seems to be better now. More understanding in a way. But shall observe longer.

dolphine said...

Sue,
Thanks for the support...perhaps it's a test for me too...

dolphine said...

Yoyo's mum,

Yeah I should smile and laugh more... haha...feeling better now though... maybe it's the hormone changes again. Tend to get agitated easily these days... phew...

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker