spacer
main

A letter to my little fighter.

Dear little fighter,

What a surprise rainy day. Is it a good sign God shows us. Perhaps. The same sign I received after a prayer I made(silly but true), that told me that I am pregnant with you. The same signal I got when I had your 'Jie Jie'(elder sister). Let's hope the rain is the shower of luck for us,.

To be exact, you are 15 weeks 6 days old today.

Mommy just came back from clinic. The ultrasound showed that you are growing up healthily. You have put quite a bit weight since last scan and looks bigger on the screen, with sound heartbeat. It was a relief.

Yesterday, mommy was having spotting. The moment mommy saw the brown spotting, my heart dropped. I was so worried about you as I didn't know what was happening with you inside. I was dying to find a gynae/obs who might be open on a Sunday, so I could have a scan on you. I wasn't if you could wait till today.

However, there were none. So mommy decided to observe longer to see if the bleeding persists. Thank God, it was only a one off thing and the cramps also got better when mommy was lying down.

Despite of that, the worry didn't really fade away. And last night I just couldn't sleep. Kept tossing and turning in the bed. Dwelling on the outcome and praying quietly at heart, while everyone was sleeping soundly.

When mommy finally slept it was almost morning. Mommy just couldn't wait to see the doctor.

But this morning the clinic were somewhat crowded. Mommy had to wait for an hour and a half. It seemed like the longest wait. During the wait, mommy was so scared that the doctor would later informed me that your heartbeat had stopped.'Touch wood! Touch wood!'

Thank God, you are fine. Keep up the good work, dear.

As a result the doctor was suspecting either another infection or due to the discontinue of the hormone pill. So she took some sample. Also blood was drawn to do the triple test. The test is to see if you have any fetal abnormalities, including Down Syndrome. But it's only 80% accurate.

You might ask what would I do if the test comes positive?

Well, at this stage mommy should have some faith in you. So we shall wait for the result, and leave the worry till later. Just keep my fingers and your little fingers crossed, alright.

Meanwhile mommy is considering a further screening test soon.

Don't worry, an amniocentesis will be the last thing in my list as it carries some risk of miscarriage. Mommy won't go it unless it's really needed. I just don't anything to happen to you.

My little fighter, you just need to be strong healthy. Be a happy and carefree little baby. The rest leave to us. Let us strive hand in hand till full term. At the same we just pray together.

With Love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker