spacer
main

At week 13

Time flies, a friend said. To me, it's not fast enough.

At week 13, finally, I'm experience more vomiting. And I have to resort to anti-vomiting tablets for relief.

What does these anti-vomiting tablets do? It stops vomiting, so that I can enjoy food better, but the butterfly-in-the-stomach feeling is still there. It doesn't go away completely.

I really hope that this vomiting phase would fast-forward to week 20 in a blink of eye. Hopefully then the vomiting will subside by itself, when the hormone changes finally settle. And I hope I can stop the dydrogesterone pill, I blame it for my aggravated vomiting, as I can't find another better reason.

Apart from the vomiting. I'm having this stuffy nose discomfort too, which also known as pregnancy rhinitis. It's due to increase in hormone which causes the irritation in nasal passageway. It similar to sinus infection where there are lots of sneezing, nose congestion, throat irritation and runny nose.

Last week I was having some infection, and was given some oral antibiotics. This week it seems to have got better.

While some symptoms have got better, others, like vomiting have become worse. I can't really understand the logic of those pregnancy hormone changes.

Frankly I just hope to enjoy my pregnancy, as I will be sailing into second phase of pregnancy, next week onwards.

I hope by end of this week, I can say goodbye to all the bad disturbing symptoms and stop all the medications.

And due to these discomforts, I have been diving for the past few weeks. Just didn't feel like blogging.

On the happy note, the baby is fine. Today it should be roughly around 5.4cm long. Last Thurs, it was 4.5cm, which I think, was a great achievement after a tough time it had been through. Heartbeat normal and more visible during ultrasound.

My greatest craving is currently the Hot Pepper Pork Stomach Soup(胡椒猪肚汤). It's just too good resist.

3 comments:

Frankie said...

wow, congratulation!!!

I'm sure next time when you show this article to your baby, he/she will be loving you much.

dolphine said...

凡奇 Frankie,

Thank you.

Hopefully my horrible experience will not instill fear of getting pregnant in the child. If this is a baby girl. LOL.

Frankie said...

I'm sure she will learn from you to be a strong mum. all the best!

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker