spacer
main

Back to work!

I finally went back to work on Monday, after a 3 and half months break. I had a mixed feeling about, was sad because I can't spend the day with the kids, but meanwhile I had this little feeling of can't- wait-to-go-back nudging within me...

For the past 2 days, things were just going slowly and steady. Nothing much to do for the time being. I hope I'm not speaking too soon, though I need something to ignite my engine, I enjoy the leisure at work.

On and off I miss the girl and the baby.

Life after working hour is short. Within that few hours before bedtime, I have to bathe, eat, express breastmilk, cleaning and feeding the baby, then get him and the girl to sleep before 12. So that I can sleep by 12.30am, in order to get up by 7.30am the next morning, to express the milk out(at least 45 minutes to an hour to get 120ml) before I can get ready for work.

Well so far, other Monday, I couldn't get up till 8am, partly becoz of the drowsiness of the anti-depressant. And I've been late for work.

Of course both the girl and the baby sometimes take turn to make fuss at night, one after another.

If baby doesn't sleep, I can't sleep, and the girl doesn't want to sleep too...

Luckily I have DH to help me out. He feeds the baby, while I express milk. Why I express the milk and not direct breastfeed?

1. I have anti-depressant before bed, some the milk would contain some anti-depressant, which I don't want the baby to have it.
2. I have to maintain my supply...

For the past few days, I only give him at night before I take my daily dose.

Or 3. I don't know how much he drinks if I direct breastfeed. By expressing, I know he can get at least 120ml per feed... and I can get more milk out.

I only direct breastfeed him after I express before bed and my medication.

To sum things up, too many things to do with too little time in hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker