spacer
main

The 12th Malaysian General Election

The very much anticipated general election is finally coming closer after more than half a year of waiting... as the parliament has just been dissolved an hour ago, not that I'm really looking forward to it or getting too eager to vote though.

Well, my very first vote was cast during 2004's election. Back then I was polling at Tun Razak Area. Can't remember much of it, except that it was in a school nearby in a hot Sunday and luckily I didn't have to wait too long before it was my turn. I went there with my late mom and my dad.

This year I had my address changed to my husband's place. So instead of voting in Tun Razak, I'll be voting for the whoever-I-feel-deserved contestant in PJ.

I actually went to two different post office to get my address changed.

First time I went to this old post office nearby. Well, the lady told me I have to wait 3 months for the confirmation, and they will sent it to my old address. I waited like... god knows how long... nothing came.

So 3 months ago, I went to do it again at this other post office in Ikano. And finally it'd done. Just log on to spr's electoral roll checking site to check my electoral roll and yes my address has been changed to my current place's, at last.

So thank you very much for the Chinese New Year card, YB Tan, but sorry to say that you won't be get my vote this year... as I'm now belong to PJ.

So when is the actual election day? One the hottest topics among lengchais, lengluis, uncles and aunties in the kopitiam, since early last year, other than the Mongolian murder. March 2nd? Or March 8? We shall know tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker