spacer
main

Week 18 and 19 Update

They said second trimester is the honeymoon period of pregnancy. I say it's true (at least for this pregnancy), after having three nauseous and ill-feeling months with constant vomiting. When the morning sickness gradually settled down at about week 13, I could really feel the differences. I could enjoy food better and control my vomiting with minimal use of medication. The feel good moment is really a big thing for me. I feel and look pregnant without feeling extremely ill especially in the morning.

Back then when I had Natalie, around week 18 and 19, I was still vomiting, and was admitted for a few days. It was after the hospital episode, my morning sickness began to settle. However I still religiously took anti-vomiting tablets 3 times a day. And it made me super sleepy day and night during that period. I fell asleep during office hours everyday, believe it or not?

Today, I feel much better though on and off I still have that vomiting sensation. But that's because of the back drips of the phlegm from my nose. It's irritating at times, but it's better than the vomiting non-stop. And the rhinitis medication is much more bearable than the anti-vomitant. At least I'm in better control.

And the baby has been kicking very often. Like I said early, it's a wonderful feeling, and the more it kicks, it means it's active inside. It's like it's reassuring me: "Mommy, Mommy, I'm here healthy and happy. Don't worry."

Yesterday, went to see my gynae, a week early. The triple test result is back with postive note. It's a blood test that is used to screen for possible "Down Syndrome" in fetus, though the accuracy is not 100%.

The ultrasound also showed that the baby is growing strong and healthy. It's a BIG relief. Next I want go for a more advanced scanning test, to further confirm.

And of course the big question popped up: Boy or Girl? I was often asked the same question for the past few weeks. So yesterday DH asked the gynae during ultrasound. I knew he is eager to know. *Drum rolls* "Look like a girl", we were informed. The gynae said that as she failed to spot the male genital organ, either it's still to small to be spotted, hidden or there is none. So she thinks it's girl. I don't really mind.

Frankly my preference was 50-50. I hoped for a girl coz Natalie will have a little sister to share things with. Save us parents a lot. Easy to take care of. And people often say girls are better these days. But I have to look for a name. It's difficult to find another name with an initial of N that go with the surname. At the moment, we are thinking Natasha or Olyvia. What do you think? Pesonally I have another favourite, Natania. I got this name when I had Natalie, I thought if I have a second girl, this is the name.(I always think far ahead... hee hee... ) But DH disliked it, he said it sounds like 'Narnia'. *roll eyes*

Meanwhile I also hoped for a boy, so we can use the name my DH and I had long thought of, our favourite for a boy, Maximillian(Natalie is our favourite for girl), not Napoleon, excuse me (a friend once said jokingly that I should name my boy Napoleon, if I have one. Ceh!).

Anyway, I'm not old-fashioned type - the die-die-must-have-a-boy type of person, neither my DH, unlike my parents, though he would like to have a boy whom may share his interest in car and drifting one day. :)

My in-laws? My mother-in-law always said that they are the the-girl-is-more-precious family, she never stop talking about her daughter in front of the relatives. Of course I know my father-in-law would love to have a boy to carry the family name. And he's probably betting his BIG hope on my husband and I to realise his many children big family dream. But DH'd already said, "No, two is enough." So... my father-in-law can only dream about it at night.

And I've already happily telling people I'm having a girl since this morning. I think I still prefer a girl to a boy. (I hope the gynae won't tell me next month that it's a boy, coz I will have to delete this last paragraph.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another girl! How wonderful! :) Did you get to meet up with the girls? I have yet to hear any update from them.

dolphine said...

Vien,
Yeah, I'm excited too.

Not for a while and haven't hear anything from them. The last time we gather together was when Peck Ling came back in April. Most of us brought our daughter to show off... PeiSze, Moon, Shin, and Sim dropped by later too... hahahah... But I didn't stay long coz I wasn't feeling well.

Met Yvonne last Friday nite, and she said that they haven't been meeting up so a long time.

Post a Comment
 
© Dolphinitis.blogspot.com 2007-2008. All Right Reserved.
Template designed by dolphine*海豚*. Best view: 1024 x 768 @ Firefox.
web tracker